Our Early Years Team offers advice and support for families who have a child under the age of 8 with a communication support need, arising from a range of disabilities.
The early years should be a joyful time of beginnings for families but it can also be a stressful time of uncertainty and anxiety.
For over 30 years, our team of Family Advisors have been offering advice to families all over Scotland to offer them support in the early years.
With support from the Scottish Government, we have dedicated Early Years Advisers who can support families in those early years.
What we offer
- Free support and advice service across the whole of Scotland.
- Self-referral – you can phone us directly or be referred by NHS or social work.
- Flexible access to our service – you can use our service as little or as often as you like.
- No fixed criteria to join into a group – we build our groups to suit the needs of individuals and families and will discuss with you the type of support you’d like to receive.
- Free events across Scotland offering tips and advice.
- Access to all our knowledge and experience; if we can’t help you we’ll probably know another organisation who can.
Your journey with us
Whatever the path your individual journey takes you on, you’ll embark on it with a warm welcome from Sense Scotland.
We’ll listen to you and learn about your individual needs. What are you likes, dislikes and what does your everyday life look like?
Your aspirations are unique to you and your child. We’ll work with you and your child to discover a pathway to communication.
Here for you
At any given time, you’re welcome to get further advice and support from our Early Years and Advisory Teams.
In all our work with children and families, we recognise and promote the rights of children as set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). Please click here for more information.
We are always on the lookout for extra help within our Early Years’ Service. Find out more about volunteering with us.