Choose how you spend your day
At Sense Scotland, we are committed to each individual’s growth in confidence and independence. That’s why we offer tailor-made programmes to meet your personal aspirations and needs.
With experienced practitioners, an extensive range of activities and a tailored approach to meeting individual needs, Sense Scotland is perfectly placed to support you through working out what’s best for you.
How we can can support you
Here are just some examples of how we can support you:
- Learn new skills or gain a qualification
- Do the shopping and prepare a meal for you and/or your family when they visit
- Take part in activities you enjoy
- Help you with your health and well being
- Meet new people
TouchBase in Glasgow and Lanarkshre are exciting andwelcoming purpose built community space for people with communication support needs to develop skills, take on new challenges and make friends at the same time.
- Visual cues, colour contrasting features and tactile markers enable everyone to access the centre with confidence while maintaining independence. You can participate in a creative session or play games with friends in one of our large communal spaces. We offer sensory and quiet rooms for you to explore cause and effect or simply relax.
- Talk to us about the benefits of rebound therapy and how it might be beneficial to you. Or enter the digital world on the touchscreen computer in our CyberBase computer area.
- The public courtyard café is a great open space to enjoy your lunch together with others.i cues, colour contrasting features and tactile markers enable everyone to access the centre with confidence while maintaining independence.
- If TouchBase doesn’t meet your requirements or locality, we might still be able to support you in your own community or home, wherever you live and whatever your needs.
Create your own programme
You can access a range of creative, educational and social activities, both in TouchBase and in the community and you can do this as part of a group or one-to-one with the support of our specialist staff.
The centres have its own dedicated visual art, drama, music and woodcraft spaces with sessions tailored to your needs.
Why not ask us about ASDAN qualifications that’ll help you grow skills for learning, employment and Create your own programme life?
We also provide support to access recreational activities like swimming, exploring the outdoors, visiting cultural venues and so much more.
Rita Gallagher is the Adult Day Service Manager at TouchBase Glasgow.
Rita had been working in the care sector for many years before she came to work with Sense Scotland in 2007.
She now uses her valuable experience to develop her team at TouchBase.
She says: “TouchBase is such a positive resource – it has a sense of community and freedom. It’s a place where people can be themselves without feeling restricted. A place they can call their own.”