Comments, Compliments and Complaints
How to tell us how we’re doing…
We aim to continuously develop our services to support your needs. Listening to your comments, compliments and complaints helps us to do this effectively.
If you wish to make a comment, compliment or complaint about any service you have received from Sense Scotland, we want to hear from you. Ways in which you can do this include:
- speaking directly to a member of staff
- telephoning or writing to us
- e-mailing the local manager
- e-mailing email@example.com
- use the Comments Compliments and Complaints form available here
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can follow the process below to make a formal complaint:
- you can use the Comments Compliments and Complaints form available here
- you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read our Procedure for Handling Comments Compliments and Complaints
- you can write to us using our freepost address, or hand your letter in to any Sense Scotland office or shop.
The Director of Operations,
Sense Scotland Head Office,
43 Middlesex Street ,
Glasgow G41 1EE
Telephone us at this number: 0300 330 9292
Or contact us using Text-phone number: 0141 418 7170
Please tell us your name, address and telephone number, and what you want to complain about. Tell us how you would like us to reply to you; for example, if you would prefer an e-mail or a letter, or if you need us to use a different format.
You can ask a relative, friend or someone else to help you make your complaint.
You have the right to make a complaint, and you will not be discriminated against because of it. We will always treat your concerns seriously.
What happens next?
We will write to let you know we have received your complaint, usually within three working days. We will then begin to investigate you complaint. You should receive a written decision within 20 working days. If we need more time, we will let you know.
What to do if you are unhappy with what we say
If you are unhappy with our decision, you can appeal to the Chair of the Sense Scotland Board of Trustees.
If your issue is about our care and support services, you can complain at any time to the Care Inspectorate at:
The Care Inspectorate,
11 Riverside Drive,
Dundee DD1 4NY
Telephone: 0345 600 9527
Donors and Supporters can complain to:
The Fundraising Standards Board
65 Brushfield Street
Telephone: 0333 321 8803
You can also complain directly to your local authority.
Further information: A more detailed version of the Comments, Compliments and Complaints Procedure is also available from any Sense Scotland office or shop. Any of the documents referred to are available in different formats, on request.
Our Values: We have a set of core values which we will follow at all times. We will:
- Be open and honest
- Recognise the worth of individuals
- Establish and maintain relationships based on trust
- Act on the basis of individual needs
- Be accountable