How To Make Your Event A Success
The key to event success is planning and more planning! Discuss your ideas with friends and set out your goals. Write down your plan and budget; if it looks complicated change it to make it more manageable. Give yourself a time frame to work with.
What equipment do you need? Write a list so you don’t forget anything important! Decide how many people you will need to help out on the day and make sure the people you ask can make it. Have a contingency plan. Be prepared for a weather change or needing a bit of extra money!
Publicise your event
Invite as many people as you can. The more people you ask, the more money you’ll raise. Get Social! Sites like Facebook and Twitter are perfect to raise awareness and share your event. Get in touch with your local newspaper or magazine and ask them to feature your event! Invite a local celeb to attract a crowd, create a buzz!
Some of Our Community Fundraising Superstars!
- Mrs Waller from Dalbeattie organised a garden tea party and raised £180.50 from donations and a raffle.
- Sarah Turner held a psychic night with some fantastic raffle prizes which raised £809 for Sense Scotland.
- The East Kilbride Curling Club presented a cheque for £750 at their recent Annual General Meeting after holding a Frog Race!
- ‘Share a Craft’ in Grangemouth held a coffee morning and raised £70.
- The Montrose Operatic Society used their talents to raise £217.25 for Dundee Support Services.